Fluid Yoga Online
200 hr Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training
November 6th 2020 to April 28th 2021
November 6th to 8th 2020
- In this Module, students explore a central question: How can we let go of fear, craving and attachment in order to become happier and more content? The Fluid Mind approach begins with a foundational understanding of Tibetan Buddhist mind training, and continues to explore the science of meditation, the foundations of practice, and specific meditation practices (including shamata, maitri/lovingkindness, and tong-len). A Fluid mind is present and adaptable to change—qualities that lead to happier living and more refined yogic practice.
December 4th - 6th 2020
- We often think of life as static snapshots that are put together to form a bigger picture, but in reality the nature of life is flowing from one moment to the next. Since life is fluid, we can all benefit from discovering a way of life that moves with the forces of nature instead of against them. Fluid Living teaches us to move effortlessly through life in a way that creates happiness within ourselves and those around us. This module uses experiential learning and real world examples while drawing on the ancient Tibetan yogic philosophies such as the Six Paramitas as outlined The Bodhisattva’s Way of Living.
January 8th - 10th 2021
- An approach to movement that allows for freedom and exploration while aligning the body in a safe and efficient manner. Unlike a mechanical or precision based alignment, this approach to movement honors the dynamic nature of the yoga practice and keeps the body safe without disrupting flow. With simplicity in mind, Fluid Body provides students and teachers with simplistic methods for understanding safe alignment. Acknowledging that the safest alignment starts within the mind, you will learn how to listen carefully to your own body to make the intuitive adjustments as your body moves.
Weekly Sessions - January 13th to April 28th 2021
- Fluid Teaching recognizes that teaching, like life, is a dynamic and moving experience and that each of us have something unique and special to offer. Our approach to teaching provides the tools needed to become a great teacher and bring the best of your experiences, talents and offerings to light. In this training you will learn: Sequencing, theming, How to teach both in-studio and online, postural breakdowns, anatomy, cueing, business of yoga, ethics, assisting and much more!
Kevan Gale, E-RYT 500, has dedicated his life to understanding ways to liberate our minds and find enduring happiness through mind training, the dharma, and a life built on gratitude, compassion and love. Kevan studied Tibetan Buddhist teachings under the tutelage of Khenpo Lama Migmar Tseten of The Sakya Center in Cambridge. For decades he has shared these teachings in order to bring benefit to others. Kevan offers online courses in mindfulness, the study of Buddhist dharma and yoga asana through Triyanastudies.com. He is a lecturer at Northeastern University, where he helped develop the curriculum for a Minor in Mindfulness Studies, with foundations in Buddhist teachings as well as an emphasis on the science of mindfulness practices.
Kevan has led 200-hour and 500-hour teacher trainings for hundreds of students, many of whom have gone on to become yoga teachers and yoga studio owners. Kevan has also led numerous workshops, webinars, and retreats around the world. He is also co-founder of Aeemelia Skin Care and The Five Clouds, a resource to support your spiritual practice.
He is the owner of Stil Studio in greater Boston and an avid cyclist, photographer, and father.
Frequently Asked Questions
By: Michelle Blunck on July 28, 2020
- Fluid yoga 200 hour teacher training was transformative in my journey from a yoga practitioner to a certified yoga teacher. A perfect blend of theory and practical application, the curriculum covered everything from Buddhist teachings to the importance of maintaining healthy joints during the physical practice. I especially appreciated Kevan and Betty’s advice on how to build and teach a class, along with their valuable insights from owning a successful yoga studio for 10+ years. I am grateful to be a part of the Stil community, knowing I can draw on the sangha’s extensive resources in the future.
- I am so thankful to have taken my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Fluid Yoga. The team of teachers in their program are some of the most thoughtful, compassionate, and shining souls I have ever met and their philosophy is not only approachable but sincerely life-changing. The program is well thought out and accepting of all, and I am very honored to be able to call myself a Fluid Yoga Teacher.
By: Sandra Mattar, July 2020
- I was a clinical psychologist and a psychology professor when I decided to take the Fluid 500 hour yoga teaching training. My initial motivation for signing up was to be exposed to spiritual discussions that would help me in my own spiritual search. I was also interested in incorporating Buddhist psychology into my teaching and practice. Little did I know that this training would not only significantly impact me on a personal level, but also make me a better professor, provide tools to improve my practice as a trauma psychologist, and help me tackle deep spiritual/life questions. It also led me into teaching trauma-informed yoga to inmates at a local prison.
By: Shadia Hadiiz on Jun 26, 2019
- If there was a way to give a higher rating for Fluid Yoga School, I would. This is still at the top of my all time favorite, most beneficial and eye opening in terms of the extensive knowledge I gained. I'm hoping to someday SOON be able to do their 500 RYT when my life slows down lol.
By: Kate Herceg on Jun 03, 2019
- Fluid Yoga is far exceeded my expectations for a 200Hr YTT program. The word I would use is exceptional. The program is broken down into seven separate weekends over the course of seven months. With a heavy emphasis on positive mind training, the benefits of helping others, safe joint alignment, and anatomy review the program aims to prepare teachers to lead classes in a safe and encouraging environment. I would highly recommend this program to anyone in the area (and even out of area — it is worth traveling to)!! You will not come out of the program with a rigid script or sequence to pass on, but you will come out of it with loving support, fully prepared to teach anywhere. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the Fluid Faculty. Our time together has been one of my most cherished accomplishments.
FLUID YOGA TRAINERS
In addition, our collaborative local studio affiliates will participate in weekly online meetups via zoom or in-studio.
Here's a list of our partner studios:
Kala Yoga Brooklyn - Kate Sullivan
Samudra Studio - Sarah Spiegel
Sutra Studio - Jennifer Howell
Village Yoga Vermont - Jennifer Frey
Alyson Pollard -Wheelhouse Yoga
Since 2009, Betty has immersed herself and shared the teachings of healing and spiritual practices of the Tibetan Yogic Tradition. Her mission is to help others through her work at Stil Studio, teaching yoga and mindfulness, healing bodywork and leading global retreats. She is eternally grateful to her teachers from the Tibetan Vajrayana practices: Khenpo Lama Migmar Tseten, Kevan Gale, Dr. Eric Rosenbush and Dr. Nida Chenagtsang.
Anatomist Padme PT
Khenpo Lama Migmar Tseten
Lama Migmar has been teaching and guiding students since 1989 and has been serving Harvard students, faculties, and staffs as a Harvard Buddhist Chaplain since 1997. He founded Sakya Institute for Buddhist Studies in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1990.
Lama Migmar has authored and published many books covering various subjects from Hinayana, Mahayana, and Vajrayana traditions. He established Mangalam Studio in 2013 to share spiritual arts, teachings, and practices. In 2017, Lama Migmar created the Mangalam Online Course to provide a rigorous and systematic way to study and practice Dharma anywhere in the world. He is one of the lead faculties at Kripalu in Berkshire, MA. Lama Migmar is also a visiting teacher at 1440, Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and The Art of Living Retreat Center.